If you're serious with photography, don't just invest in hardwares/equipments. Here are a list of photo enhancing softwares & Plug-ins to help you achieve stunning images.
- Adobe Photoshop Family - The Adobe® Photoshop® family of products is the ultimate playground for bringing out the best in your digital images, transforming them into anything you can imagine, and showcasing them in extraordinary ways.
- Apple Aperture - Apple Aperture gives you a powerful yet easy-to-use tools to refine images, showcase your photography, and manage massive libraries on your Mac.
- Corel Paintshop Photo - PaintShop Photo makes it easy to create professional-looking photos. Import, edit and share your images—all in one place.
- Ononesoftware - the industry leader in Photoshop plug-ins.OnOne Software makes award-winning plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom & Apple Aperture that make digital photography easier, faster and better. Photographers use OnOne plug-ins to speed up their photo editing workflow and give their photos the professional look with just a few clicks.
- Niksoftware - a privately-held American company that develops software solutions for the growing digital-imaging and photography markets. Established in 1995, Nik Software has become the recognized leader in digital photographic filter development and produces award-winning technology and plug-in products for digital photography and imaging professionals. The company’s products use a range of innovative technologies that make digital imaging and photography easier and more powerful.
- Imagenomic - is a privately held, independent software vendor specializing in digital imagery enhancement solutions. Using proprietary, patent-pending algorithms, focused on creating high-performance software tools for retouching, noise and artifact removal, sharpening and other image correction and enhancement processes.
- HDRsoft - HDRsoft develops innovative software in the field of High Dynamic Range imaging for photography. The first version of its HDR software Photomatix was released in February 2003 as the result of a research project started in July 2002. The project was awarded a grant from the French Ministry of Research, as laureate of their national contest 2003. The company is owned and controlled by its two founding members, one of them being a professional photographer with over 25 years' experience. HDRsoft was previously known as MultimediaPhoto (the company changed its name in December 2006).
- Topazlabs - Topaz Labs distills the latest in imaging technology into useful products that deliver excellent results.
- Filter Forge - Filter Forge is a versatile Photoshop plugin which lets both novice and expert users create a wide variety of realistic and abstract textures and effects. Users can take instant advantage of over 7000 free community-created filters in the online filter library, or create their own filters in the visual filter editor by assembling them from components such as blurs, gradients, color adjustments, noises, distortions, or blends – without writing a single line of code.
Note: Master the art of photography first before relying on photo enhancing softwares.